• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept notifier

To see/get updates to 8.10 using Adept, I've been doing this:
    Open Adept
    Adept > Fetch Package List
    at which point if there are upgradeable packages, an Adept icon-cog is placed in the System Tray (showing update info and clickable for updates).

I don't see how to place an Adept notifier icon in the system tray permanently.
    Is there a way to do so?

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Re: Adept notifier

This is not going to help you I'm afraid, but I've never touched adept and the little gear symbol comes up every time there is something new Did you do anything to adept?

And here my rc file:

ingo@dicker:~$ cat /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/adept_notifierrc
    [General]
    Apport=true
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

This isn't exactly what you want, but you can use the application "alltray" and start adept as a systray icon by executing
      Code:
      kdesudo alltray adept

Comment

Thanks guys.

@toad:
        That's what mine says, also.
        Nope -- didn't do anything with adept.

My 8.10 may be a bit buggy, though, as I'm noticing strange stuff --
        > odt docs that "do not exist," although they clearly do exist;
        > HDs not showing up under Konqueror > Media, but then, later, they do show up;
        > a short list like these; Gremlins at work;
        => so, am not surprised that my Adept is misbehaving.
        : this is just an 8.10 to mess with; someday later, I'll reinstall;
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

strange;
          today the adept notifier cog-icon in system tray was there, informing of updates available;
          first time it was there, and I did nothing new to get it there since the above post;
          just an fyi;

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
            strange;
            today the adept notifier cog-icon in system tray was there, informing of updates available;
            first time it was there, and I did nothing new to get it there since the above post;
            just an fyi;
            The smallest frequency Adept will check for updates is daily but I don't know when during the day it makes its check, my logic tells me it is possible for a delay of upto 24 hours before you see an update notification, for example if the updates were released just after your system made its daily check.
            Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Working...
            X