This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok Seemingly Causes a Reboot.

I installed Kubuntu 8.10 on my eleven year-old daughter's AMD-based Compaq Presario V2000 laptop. It took a while to get the wireless drivers right, but otherwise the system has been great.

While following the instructions here...

http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_amarok_ipod

to get my daughter's ipod to sync with the PC... many times during the process, the system drops to a black screen. Text comes up that says

"Checking Battery Status - [OK]"

and then drops to the login screen. After I login, the context of everything seems to be gone and I have to start over from scratch. After getting back to where I was, I go one or two more steps forward and ... Bang! - reboot

I see that someone else is asking about the same issue here...

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3100049

And yes, I am also on a laptop. I think the problem has to do with Amarok, because I haven't seen it using normal stuff like email, web, etc... btw, we are using KMail and Firefox for that.

Any ideas?

Re: Amarok Seemingly Causes a Reboot.

You have my sympathies! However, mine shows up whenever I exert the system in any way (minimize something while refreshing a web page at the same time, opening two windows at once, dragging a folder while opening another...) How much memory does Amarok use? Is it pulling a lot of resources?

Comment

He... Thanks for the quick reply. Call me on Skype (pblanton) or at (719) 266 2387 and we can work on trying to work out a solution.

Comment

Hey PB, thanks for that offer, but I'm at work from 3pm to 7am est (no phone calls, can play online quite a bit thankfully) and you wouldn't find me useful anyway as this is only day 1 on Linux for me.

Comment

It definitely appears to be a memory issue... I tried opening a game and poof.

Comment

Working...
          X