This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing Cairo-dock

Please be clearer. What do you mean by "K Menu thing"?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by justinforasec
      How do I add a Kmenu thing? Also, when i try to remove KDE's panel with the task manager n everything on it (cause im gonna use cairo) it has an error, says theres been a crash and the panel comes back up.

-Justin
      You do not need to remove the panel just go into cairo dock options and move it to the top or the side. You also should keep the K menu so that you can drag and drop apps from it to the dock, this is easier than setting them up manually.

Comment

Well I mean the whole reason I was geeting cairo was so I could do without the panel, I think the desktop would look really nice without it. And I don't want to get rid of the K menu, I want to put it on Cairo but I can't figure out how.

-Justin

Comment

A complete tutorial on how to customize your dock
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

[quote=justinforasec ]
            Well I mean the whole reason I was geeting cairo was so I could do without the panel, I think the desktop would look really nice without it. And I don't want to get rid of the K menu, I want to put it on Cairo but I can't figure out how.

-Justin
            [/quote

You just need to drag and drop each item from KMenu to Cairo

Comment

Originally posted by justinforasec

-Justin
              Yeah, it would be nice to embed K-Menu (known as application menu/kicker/etc) in cairo dock. So, one could only need to go to the dock to call up the launcher. I don't think there is a enough real estate on the dock to add every program from kde's launcher.

Comment

How do you auto-start cairo-dock?

Comment

System Settings - advanced tab - autostart - add cairo-dock
                  Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
                  X