This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single clicks behaving like double clicks

Since a couple of days my KDE 4.1 desktop has started to "interpret" single clicks as double clicks. This means that e.g. the attempt to open an application with a single click actually opens it twice; trying to open a pull down menu immediately closes it again etc.

This is terribly annoying. Does anybody else have this problem or possibly know how to solve it?

Re: Single clicks behaving like double clicks

K Menu > System Settings > Keyboard & Mouse > Mouse > Single-click to open files and folders
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Are you sure it's not just a bad mouse button?

I've had that happen as they start to get worn out.

Comment

I've found the opposite problem.

I have the above single click option and some applications need two clicks to open. Hardy was better in that everything worked with one click, but I suppose that is better that having an application open twice.
        HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Originally posted by Troberg
          Are you sure it's not just a bad mouse button?

I've had that happen as they start to get worn out.
          Yup, it can't be a bad mouse button, because it doesn't happen when using Kubuntu 8.04. I guess i'll just have to return and hope that KDE 4.2 is more stable. It must be a KDE problem.

Comment

I don't use a mouse, only a touchpad and it works well. Also I'm dual booting, Intrepid and Hardy. I do think that Intrepid in improving, or, I'm adapting to it.
            HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Yup, it can't be a bad mouse button, because it doesn't happen when using Kubuntu 8.04. I guess i'll just have to return and hope that KDE 4.2 is more stable. It must be a KDE problem.
              Actually, it can still be a mouse problem. If the is contact bounce in the mouse button, KDE4 might be a little faster in reading the button state and pick it up, while KDE3 might miss it. I don't know if this is likely or not, but it is a possibility.

Just to be sure, try with another mouse, or, if you are using a laptop, use the mousepad buttons instead.

Comment

Working...
              X