X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get the newest Flash player to install in Firefox 3.0.4

Kubuntu 8.10 - upgraded from 8.04

After having all kinds of trouble with Flash (ver9.x) in Firefox, I finally was able to get it uninstalled by manually deleting the files in home/.mozilla/plugins. None of the uninstalls would do it (through terminal or Adept).

Now, I can't get the latest version to install. I've tried through terminal, through Adept and by the downloaded .deb package from Adobe. They say it all goes through, but it's not there when I run FF.

Am I down to re-installing FF?
    -- bill --

Re: Can't get the newest Flash player to install in Firefox 3.0.4

Try to uninstall (and purge) the Adobe version. Then install flashplugin-nonfree from Intrepid repositories. If you already have it try install --reinstall (worked for me).

Comment

Originally posted by rogue
      Kubuntu 8.10 - upgraded from 8.04

After having all kinds of trouble with Flash (ver9.x) in Firefox, I finally was able to get it uninstalled by manually deleting the files in home/.mozilla/plugins. None of the uninstalls would do it (through terminal or Adept).

Now, I can't get the latest version to install. I've tried through terminal, through Adept and by the downloaded .deb package from Adobe. They say it all goes through, but it's not there when I run FF.

Am I down to re-installing FF?
      have you tried different webs? i am asking this because i have the plugin installed and working (type on the address bar aboutlugins to check it) but still on some webs i can't get it to work...

Comment

thanks guys for the replies. here's where i'm at currently. I've got it sorta working again (it's spotty depending on the site), but I can't use the newest Flash plugin. I can only get ver. 9.x to work, for whatever reason, 10 just will not install properly.

i'm probably going to uninstall FF and start over. although, from the mozilla forum, there seems to be trouble with ver 10 of the plugin.
        -- bill --

Comment

Well, I'm running FF 3.0.5 in Kubuntu 8.04 and can't get Flash to work. I tried a couple of different things that were recommended and still nothing. It doesn't even show up in the Tools/Addons. Arrgg..

Comment

Same problem here... I'm using FF 3.0.6...
            Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
            Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
            Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
            Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
            X