This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmix no longer launches...

Well, I was playing some Counter Strike online today, and decided to play some tunes while I did. I popped up Amarok and, after a few songs, I hit a song that was particularly quiet, so I decided to go in and mess with the volume bars as I usually do to make it play louder over the game without making the game blow my ears off (I have both my windows machine and my linux machine on the same speakers, with the linux one going into the line-in on the windows, if that wasn't obvious by now. :P

Anyway, I went to hit Kmix to do so, and I noticed it wasn't running in the system tray, which I thought was a bit weird. So I launch it, it appears in the taskbar, sits there, then about 8 seconds later, vanishes. No system tray icon, no crash dialog, it just silently died.

I've never had this kind of problem so I'm kinda mystified why my volume controls aren't working.

Other useful info (maybe): Amarok's control still works normally, so I doubt its a hardware problem. I don't have any media keyboards attached or anything, so I doubt its a conflict. I'm running a fresh install of 8.10 (literally 4 days old, just upgraded) running KDE4.

Any ideas?

Re: Kmix no longer launches...

What about alsamixer? Did you try if this works?

Comment

By the way, which graphic card you have?
      I had with my NVIDIA card and kubuntu standard drivers an issue that taskbar icons dissappered from time to time or got distroyed.

Is your kmix still in the process list?

(I wroked arround that issue by updateing to the latest NVIDIA drivers - which I got from NVIDIA directly)

Comment

Actually it just started working again after I rebooted to put in a new power strip. Weird.

Thanks anyway man, appreciate it. I'll bookmark this in case kmix does it again.

Comment

Working...
        X