This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I install Hotplug?

Hello to Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

I would like to install Hotplug. I read the instructions in the Readme and ran

#make install
    An error returned stating the following:

/usr/bin/install -c -D sbin/hotplug /sbin/hotplug
    /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `sbin/hotplug': No such file or directory
    make: *** [install] Error 1
    What shall I do

Re: How do I install Hotplug?

So where did you get the app from?

I would be tempted to try a .deb which is much easier to install. (Right click on the .deb and choose install with GDebi)

Not a *buntu .deb but a Debian .deb from http://packages.debian.org/etch/hotplug
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

paul@laptop:~$ simI hotplug
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Package hotplug is not available, but is referred to by another package.
      This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
      is only available from another source
      However the following packages replace it:
      udev module-init-tools
      E: Package hotplug has no installation candidate
      So, within Intrepid, the package hotplug has been replaced by udev and module-init-tools, and these are already installed.

What are you trying to accomplish? If it's getting USB devices to automount, are those devices formatted as fat32 (vfat) and previously used in Windoze? If yes, we can assist in getting them to both automount and to be read/writable by you as the user.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi, Snowhog--

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to use my Creative Zen MicroPhoto with my Linux box. I have been exposed to a couple of different alternatives. The first one that I came across can be found at the following link:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=32817

When I encountered difficulty with the first, I went into the chat room specified at that link above, where ZenChick said she would be, to look for her. Didn't find her, but somebody said I should try Gnomad. So I have been searching around and finding different things and came across a sloppy step-by-step for installing Gnomad at the Gnomad site. Hence, I find myself here at this present time.

As far as trying to change permissions on /media/MyZen/, I am getting an error about "cannot access /media/MyZen: Transport endpoint is not connected." Any ideas?

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
        theAdmiral

Comment

Working...
        X