This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.1 Top Panel Problem

I am running KDE 4.1 and maximised windows do not reach the top of the screen. It's as if space is being reserved for a panel. The large 'Kidney' icon has also repositioned itself down the screen.

I've tried creating and then deleting a panel and also resizing a panel, both without success.

Been trying to remember what I might have done to cause the issue but I can't.

This is an annoyance rather than a show stopper but any assistance would be appreciated.

Re: KDE 4.1 Top Panel Problem

Do you have compiz or desktop effects on? Maybe toggling those may help?

Comment

Originally posted by stajin
      Do you have compiz or desktop effects on? Maybe toggling those may help?
      No I dont - enabled Desktop Effects and ended up with a completely blank screen so had to disable them again.
      By the way I had the top panel problem before enabling desktop effects.

Comment

Depending on how invested you are in your existing desktop setup, you could simply start over with a clean KDE 4.1 desktop, and set it up again. Do that by deleting the ~/.kde folder in your home directory, and then Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to restart the X server and log in again.

Comment

I'd recommend the above, also are you using kiba-dock or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            Depending on how invested you are in your existing desktop setup, you could simply start over with a clean KDE 4.1 desktop, and set it up again. Do that by deleting the ~/.kde folder in your home directory, and then Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to restart the X server and log in again.

Yes - that worked, thanks to everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X