Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KNetworkManager options menu doesn't display items.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNetworkManager options menu doesn't display items.

I'm not sure when it started exactly, but at some point (possibly immediately after upgrading to 8.10) the menu options for KNetworkManager (in the taskbar) do not display. I had a similar problem with open office but found out that it was a problem specific to that program. As I don't see this problem with anything else (yet, at least) I think this is also related to just KNetworkManager. I did not have the problem in 7.xx and it may have occurred right after installing the nvidia graphics driver (proprietary) Any thoughts?

I've attached a screenshot for reference.
    Attached Files

Re: KNetworkManager options menu doesn't display items.

I just found that I have the same problem with kaffeine. I had just read something about kaffeine being dropped in favor for dragon, so I think that the issue may be related to the upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0. I'm going to try to re-install knetworkmanager to see what happens (As I'm not compiling it against anything, I'm not sure if it'll work or not, but I figured its worth a shot)

With that being said, is there a kde4 version of knetworkmanager available or is it still the same interface?

Comment

It could be because you upgraded rather than a fresh install (I had crazy things happen when I did that), when I did a fresh install everything worked great.

Comment

I was wondering about that. Hmmm... Well, it may be worth a re-install. Luckily its a laptop, so I don't keep many important files on it. I may wait a bit, yet, just in case but its worth a shot.

Comment

Well, I'm no expert by any means, but maybe it's something to do with fonts?
          I -think- there are a couple of font modules that the NVIDIA driver doesn't load by default (ext, freetype, type1 - add in the modules section (where glx is)) and maybe that could be the cause?
          I'm just thinking that as mine was missing those, worth a shot maybe?

Comment

Maybe, but it seems to only occur with apps compiled with kde3 apps (although now that you mention it, I do seem to remember hearing somewhere that KDE4 doesn't use xorg.conf anymore, so if the kde3 apps still use it for the fonts, that may be a cause). I'm away from my computer for now, but I'll let you know later tonight how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Ok, well, thanks for the suggestion but adding the fonts didn't fix it. I think I'm just going to do a full install of 8.10, opposed to the full upgrade I had done earlier.

Comment

Working...
              X