This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean up saved info? [Kubuntu]

How can I clear some history saved by various things?

Example: Dolphin, I goto Tools and Find File. I don't want those fields saved. My reasons are my own, I just simply don't want them saved. At the very least, how do I clear them?

Same with Okular, I don't want a "Open Recent" under the File menu. How can I keep things like this clean and not save too much information?

In Windows, there's a program called CCleaner. It goes through and clears recent history and temp files and things like that. I want less tracks in KDE.
    https://www.linuxcounter.net/user/267216

Re: How to clean up saved info? [Kubuntu]

It seems to me that you will have to explore things, find out where they are, then find the best way to clean them out, even if manually.

In 8.04, I do a quick visit to kcontrol (at Konsole) > Privacy and clean up there (a button); then Konqueror > Configure Konqueror and clean the History, Cache, and Cookies in the respective menus given there (clicking buttons); then Firefox, deleting certain cookies and clearing certain Settings (Edit > Preferences); Klipper -- Clear Clipboard History; Trash. Etc.
    => Thus, you would make a custom routine to step through.
    Script writers might be able to automate such.

Like this (for 8.04 and before):
    Privacy Cleanup 101
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde....msg115011#new
    Reply #5: About kcontrol
    Reply #8: How to Delete Data from Your Hard Drives & USB Drives

Some parts of 8.10 may be different--I haven't checked yet.

No CCleaner that I know of for Linux yet.

No need to explain/apologize for privacy needs. Not in my book, anyway.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
    X