This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror, not Dolphin

I want to use Konqueror as the default file browser in Kubuntu 8.10. In 7.10 I just uninstall dolphin and konquerors was the "2nd default" so there were no problem. Now (8.10) konqueror4 DEPENDS on dolphin (insane!) so I cannot use that solution.
    What else can I do to sweep away that dolphin?

Re: Konqueror, not Dolphin

Open Konqueror. Click on Settings > Configure Konqueror... > File Associations

Click the + next to inode to expand the list. Click on directory

Click on Konqueror in Application Preference Order and then on the Move Up button.

Then click on the Embedding tab. Click on Dolphin View in Services Preference Order and click the Move Down button.

Click Apply and OK.

You probably will have to restart Konqueror for the changes to take effect.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah right, why Dolphin I never like it >
      Ok I mess up and got this when starting Konqueror, how do I fix that :

There was an error loading the module Cervisia.
      The diagnostics is:
      The service 'Cervisia' provides no library or the Library key is missing in the .desktop file.

And how do I change new device notifier so that it will open the plugin flash drive with Konqueror instead of Dolphin ?
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

I'm also very pissed off by dolphin-konqui duality and never understand why kubuntu decided to drop konqui as the main file manager. But, I can understand the choice to give ppl exiting windows something closer to windows toys they are accustomed to, nonetheless you must provide an easy way to get rid of that crap to KDE aficionados, and the chance to simply uninstall cannot be missed.

Comment

Working...
        X