This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox flash problems

Hi, Ive had this problem pretty much since I upgraded where anything flash related in firefox appears as a big grey box that needs to be clicked on before it loads, but when I do that it almost always will not display correctly, and anything that is some form of embedded video (youtube and all the others) also causes firefox and Xorg to use up to 80% of my CPU, even if the movie isnt being played (like if a youtube clip was included with a news article it pretty much causes my browser to crash).

I have just tried upgrading to flash 10 with these instructions http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-...player-10.html but that hasnt worked, this is what my aboutlugins has for flash

Code:
    Shockwave Flash

File name: libswfdecmozilla.so
      Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash 	Adobe Flash movie 	swf 	Yes
    application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash movie 	spl 	Yes
    Shockwave Flash

File name: libgnashplugin.so
      Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999. Gnash 0.8.4, the GNU SWF Player. Copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
      Gnash comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of Gnash under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about Gnash, see [url]http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash[/url]. Compatible Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999.

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
    any help would be appreciated.
    cheers.

Re: Firefox flash problems

Check that you have the flashplugin-nonfree package installed.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Firefox flash problems

the instructions to upgrade to flash 10 said to remove it, but I did have it on there before I attempted to upgrade it.

Comment

Working...
      X