Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Azureus 4.0.0.4 requires running terminal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Azureus 4.0.0.4 requires running terminal?

I have posted on this topic in the Vuze forum and have left it there for over twelve hours with no response. I am therefore posting it in this forum hoping that somebody that knows something about this will respond. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I installed Vuze 4.0.0.4 according to the instructions in their wiki.

./azureus
    is supposed to install it. Upon running this command, the program runs to open up the Vuze gui. The terminal is required to run this command, according to the Vuze wiki. When running the program, after running that command, the terminal remains open with the program running in the terminal also. Is there a way to install this program in a modern sense so that the terminal does not have to run and so that I have a shortcut in my Kmenu for the program?

Thanks again,
    theAdmiral

Re: Running Azureus 4.0.0.4 requires running terminal?

Should be simple enough. Right-click on the K Menu icon and select Menu Editor. Decide where you would like to put the menu entry for Azureus. Let's say you decide to put it in Utilities. Click the + sign to the left of Utilities. This expands this submenu. Click on Utilities and then click on New Item and type into the Item name: box Azureus and click OK. In the Description: box type what you want (or nothing at all - it isn't required). In the Command: box type ./azureus
    If you want to use an icon, click on the blank icon box to the right of Name: and Description: and pick one you want. Then just click on Save and close the editor.

Click on K Menu > Applications > Utilities and you will see the new entry for Azureus. Click on it and see if it launches.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

[Solved]Re: Running Azureus 4.0.0.4 requires running terminal?

Snowhog, how the heck do you do it--come through like that again. Big thanks, Buddy!

theAdmiral

Comment

Snowhog,

I know you are running Kubuntu, but would you happen to know how to do in Fedora what we did in Kubuntu? I have Kubuntu on my desktop. Vuze is working fine now, showing right version, etc. What about Fedora on my laptop? I tried basically the same thing, but it is not running. Same entries. I have a "Vuze" folder in /opt. I have the tar for version 4.0.0.4 in the "Vuze" folder. I extracted it in that directory. When I enter the location for the command in the "Edit Menus" dialog for Gnome, I enter that path. That is all it will take. Throws an error if I enter ./azureus. Any ideas, please Your help is *greatly* appreciated!

Thanks,
        theAdmiral

Comment

Instead of ./azureus type in the path (. means this directory (your in) which may not make sense to the launcher) so if its in /home/folder then /home/folder/azureus, maybe that's the problem?

Comment

I did that. Like this:

/opt/Vuze/vuze/azureus
            Still doesn't run.

Comment

Working...
            X