This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aligning desktop icons

How can I sort and align the icons on my KDE 4 desktop? Right-clicking doesn't seem to bring up any option for doing that.

Re: Aligning desktop icons

If you're using Folder View to display your desktop files then you should be able to hover your mouse over the Folder View widget and a little panel will pop out that allows you to resize, rotate, or change the settings. Click the little wrench/spanner and I believe there are some alignment options there.

If the settings panel doesn't pop out for you it could mean you've locked your widgets. Just right click on your desktop and unlock your widgets.

Comment

[quote=pwabrahams ]
      How can I sort and align the icons on my KDE 4 desktop? Right-clicking doesn't seem to bring up any option for doing that.
      [/quote

The short answer is there is no mechanism to align desktop icons currently, many people have complained so maybe it will appear in KDE 4.2

Comment

Yep, I got home and checked my folder view settings. There are no alignment settings, although the Folder View widget seems to align them automatically. I assume then that you're speaking about putting icons on your actual desktop.

Comment

When putting widgets onto your desktop (itself a widget), you need to drag them to the location you want it and then let go of the mouse. Once you let go of the mouse, the widget is anchored to that spot - period. If you don't like it where it is, activate the configuration bar (mouse over the application) and click on the red X to delete. Then re-add it again, and put it where you want it.

Yes, this is a PITA. :P
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X