Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I join multiple rar files to make one video?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I join multiple rar files to make one video?

Hi I downloaded a movie that is split into multiple parts, the movie was downloaded from rapid share. My question is how do I unrar the multiple parts to make just 1 big file to see the movie. The problem is that if a unrar the parts separately the movie does not work.

Re: How do I join multiple rar files to make one video?

Well, I just made a quick google search and I found the same web page where I learned how to unrar from: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/open-ra...linux-or-unix/

Neat. I hope you enjoy it. I think it is: rar or unrar -x <file name.rar> you'll figure it out by hiting the tab key once you get to the file name. enjoy.

Pookito
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

unrar x '*.rar'

Comment

Thanks for the help. I finally did it, but I think the problem was coming from the program Ark, so I went to add/remove software and downloaded X-archiver which works just fine. I put all the rar files in one folder and extracted the first file and that was it.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

Artt.

Comment

I've also noticed that Ark has problems with extracting .rar files, so I usually run unrar e xyz.rar commandline to extract whatever file.

Comment

Yep, I usually use the command line for rar archives as well. I never thought about using Ark.
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Well done! I am sure that info is useful to a lot of people out there and they would find it easier if you marked this thread as solved. See my signature for details.

Thanks!
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
              X