This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept 3.0 weird?

Does anyone else think that the new adept is really bad at the live search compared to version 2. When i went to search for something in adept 2 results came up after 2-3 characters, now i almost need the entire word spelled perfect to get a match, for example where is stringy?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: adept 3.0 weird?

Yep. *Everyone dislikes it. I believe for searching it requires 4 characters or something, so you need to add a space to three letter searches...

*Of course not everyone.

Comment

My Adept crashed with error 6 sigabrt (or something like that) or doesn't even open at all. Attempted to report the bug, but bugs.kde.org doesn't recognize my user name, and there's no place to reset it.

Any reports known on this error?

Any solution?

Comment

I think it's horrible, it has a fancy but very weird interface, convoluted. I always liked synaptic better, but this latest version of adept is really bad. Searching is a nightmare.

The one thing I like in adept is the updates manager, and also the sources (repo) editor, those are very clean, and adding sources is more intuitive than in synaptic. But that's about the only use I give to adept.

Comment

Working...
        X