This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Your keyboard type does not appear to be known to VirtualBox

I've already posted this in the VirtualBox forum but it can't hurt asking here as well.

I'm getting a critical error at a very early stage when installing Vista as a guest on VirtualBox, it occurs as soon as I click 'Next' after typing in the Windows Product Activation Key.

The VirtualBox log reports the error which I've put in the subject line of this post.

What puzzles me is I've already created a working XP Guest on this computer so there cannot be a problem with the keyboard! The XP Guest continues to work, the only difference being that XP is 32bit whereas I'm trying to install 64bit Vista.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Re: Your keyboard type does not appear to be known to VirtualBox

I'm getting a critical error at a very early stage when installing Vista as a guest on VirtualBox, it occurs as soon as I click 'Next' after typing in the Windows Product Activation Key.
    Ha! That is priceless, made my day

Joking aside, have you tried a different keyboard?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I'm so glad to have given you something to smile about!

Unfortunately I'm running something of a minimalist setup here, small office, so I use a KVM. I don't think I've got another keyboard however I will have a look in the roofspace later on and see if I've got one stashed away in a box somewhere.

Comment

I found the fix . Upgrade to 2.0.6!!!

Comment

Well done, quarkslot!

Could I get on your nerves one more time and ask you to mark this topic as solved - see my signature for details.

Thanks!
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Your keyboard type does not appear to be known to VirtualBox

Done!

Comment

Working...
            X