X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My system is crashed?

Originally posted by toad
    Oh. Now I am a tad confused. So your system has crashed but you can still log into X with one user but not the others? And you had an update?

Pray tell the whole story - sounds like it wouldn't hurt us if we know the whole caboodle
    Ok. I've installed Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Remix on april, when it was released. Then, I've updated to 8.10 Beta, and to 8.10 until now. It was all right until this morning. I've started it and I can't log into my kde session. I've tried other user, and it was succesful. So, I've tried to remove my .kde, and re-log-in, but nothing happens. So I've deleted my user, and created another. And with this user happens the same.

Comment

Thank you. The system is stable then. KDE is apparently being funny. What is the difference between your functioning user and your old one?

Here is a suggestion based on the above logic. Copy your functioning user's .kde into/etc/skel. Now create a new user and attempt to log in. It should work if the standard .kde is at fault.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
        Thank you. The system is stable then. KDE is apparently being funny. What is the difference between your functioning user and your old one?

Here is a suggestion based on the above logic. Copy your functioning user's .kde into/etc/skel. Now create a new user and attempt to log in. It should work if the standard .kde is at fault.
        Yeaah!!!! It works! And so can I restore my user?

Comment

Yes, simply copy your functioning user's .kde over to your home.

PS.: You might want to make a backup of the old .kde for later dissection at your leisure.
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X