This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] My system is crashed?

This morning, I shut down my laptop, all right.
    2 hours later, I tried to enter into my session, and i crashed. I moved directory .kde to #&%$, and nothing happens. I created a new user, and neither.
    In a session of another user, I've tried to enter to this forum, but I have not neither connection.
    Any ideas?

Re: My system is crashed?

Before starting, can I ask you what your general linux expertise level is? You sound as if you are comfortable using CLI, correct?
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Yes, I use to work with CLI. I'm not an expert, but I know where to find system files and how to edit it with vim

Comment

My man!!! Vim and the two of us will get that system up again (I hope...)

Could you first post the output of
        Code:
        df -h
        This is the most common complaint of X not coming up, i.e. the disk is full...
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Com'on!!!! My error is living it's last hours!!
          All the filesystems has 0% or 1% of space used, except / (52%) and /home (92%).

Comment

Ah, you're back

So you've got space aplenty. Isn't that nice.

Time for a number of trouble shooting exercises. Boot without usplash (to do so remove "quiet splash" from your kernel line in grub). Watch and note any errors.

That is just standard procedure and may or may not throw up something interesting.

It sounds as though your system is alive and well and only X is not playing according to the rules. Let's have a copy of your xorg.conf then and let us know which video card (if any) you have. You may also want to try to install envy-core, stop kdm and then call it up on the CLI by typing:

Code:
            sudo envyng -t
            Feel free to ask questions if any of the above needs to be elaborated upon.

Comment

In /home of my user, I have a .xsession-errors. Into this file, I had this errors:

Code:
              /usr/bin/xmodmap: unable to open file '/usr/share/apps/kxkb/ubuntu.xmodmap' for reading
              /usr/bin/xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.
              /etc/X11/Xsession.d/98vboxadd-xclient: line 20: /usr/bin/VBoxClient: No such file or directory
              [...]
              <unknown program name>(6638)/ KStartupInfo::createNewStartupId: creating: "LG-S1;1226909044;549219;6638_TIME0" : "unnamed app"
              kwin(6653) KDecorationPlugins::loadPlugin: kwin : path "/usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_ozone.so" for "kwin3_ozone"
              QObject: Do not delete object, 'unnamed', during its event handler!
              [...]
              <unknown program name>(6716)/ checkComposite: Plasma has an argb visual 0x9132fb0 20971521
              <unknown program name>(6716)/ checkComposite: Plasma is COMPOSITE-less on 0x91328c0
              [...]
              NepomukServer(6718) Nepomuk::ServiceManager::Private::_k_serviceInitialized: Service initialized: "nepomukmigration1"
              plasma(6716): Communication problem with "plasma" , it probably crashed. 
              Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" " 
              [...]
              <unknown program name>(6724)/: Communication problem with "krunner" , it probably crashed. 
              Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
              [...]
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kblueplugd
              kded(6641): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kmix
              /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apt/__init__.py:18: FutureWarning: apt API not stable yet
               warnings.warn("apt API not stable yet", FutureWarning)
              kded(6641): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              kded(6641) Solid::Control::ManagerBasePrivate::loadBackend: Backend loaded: "NetworkManager 0.7"
              kded(6641) RandrMonitorModule::processX11Event: Monitor change detected
              kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/knotify4
              ksmserver(6651): Couldn't start knotify from knotify4.desktop: "El KDEInit no ha pogut engegar '/usr/bin/knotify4'---> KDEInit don't start."
              [...]
              kaccess(6742) kdemain: X server XKB extension major= 1 minor= 0
              klipper(6756): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 1 
              kmix(6759): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 1 
              kmixctrl(6741) Mixer::openIfValid: Mixer::open() detected master: "PCM:0"
              kmixctrl(6741) Mixer::getGlobalMasterMD: Mixer::masterCardDevice() returns 0 (no globalMaster)
              kmixctrl(6741) Mixer::setGlobalMaster: Mixer::setGlobalMaster() card= "ALSA::HDA_Intel:1" control= "PCM:0"
              printer-applet(6748): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 1 
              klipper(6756): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 1 
              guidance-power-manager(6749): Communication problem with "guidance-power-manager" , it probably crashed. 
              printer-applet(6748): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              kmix(6759): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              kmix(6759) Mixer::setGlobalMaster: Mixer::setGlobalMaster() card= "" control= ""
              kmix(6759) Mixer::openIfValid: Mixer::open() detected master: "PCM:0"
              kmix(6759) Mixer::getGlobalMasterMD: Mixer::masterCardDevice() returns 0 (no globalMaster)
              kmix(6759) Mixer::setGlobalMaster: Mixer::setGlobalMaster() card= "ALSA::HDA_Intel:1" control= "PCM:0"
              kmix(6759): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              printer-applet(6748): Failed to lock file "/var/tmp/kdecache-eduard/kpc/kde-icon-cache.lock" , last result = 3 
              [...]
              kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
              kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
              klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
              [...]
              kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
              kdeinit4: Exit.
              XIO: fatal IO error 4 (Interrupted system call) on X server ":0.0"
                 after 25 requests (8 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
              kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
              klauncher: Exiting on signal 15
              kded: Fatal IO error: client killed
              kded(6641) KHotKeys::ShortcutsHandler::removeAction: Removing action for "{9b388a78-63c1-4ad5-b086-a78b8ffa2461}"
              kded(6641) KHotKeys::ShortcutsHandler::~ShortcutsHandler: Goodbye from shortcuts_handler
              kded4: Fatal IO error: client killed
              KWrited - S'està escoltant al dispositiu /dev/pts/0--> /dev/pts/o is "hearing"
              My video card is an ATI Radeon Mobility 1600.

xorg.conf:
              Code:
              Section "InputDevice"
              	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
              	Driver		"kbd"
              	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
              	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
              	Option		"XkbLayout"	"es"
              	Option		"XkbVariant"	"cat"
              EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
              	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
              	Driver		"mouse"
              	Option		"CorePointer"
              EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
              	Identifier	"Synaptics Touchpad"
              	Driver		"synaptics"
              	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
              	Option		"Device"	"/dev/psaux"
              	Option		"Protocol"	"auto-dev"
              	Option		"HorizEdgeScroll"	"0"
              EndSection

Section "Device"
              	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
              	Driver		"fglrx"
              EndSection

Section "Monitor"
              	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
              EndSection

Section "Screen"
              	Identifier	"Default Screen"
              	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
              	Device		"Configured Video Device"
              	Defaultdepth	24
              EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
              	Identifier	"Default Layout"
               screen "Default Screen"
              	Inputdevice	"Synaptics Touchpad"
              EndSection
              Section "Module"
              	Load		"glx"
              EndSection

Comment

What is the output of
                cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
                and
                dmesg

Comment

Okay, your xorg.conf is pre 8.10.

Did you do an update or are you in the wrong forum? Either way, make a backup copy of your xorg and install and run envy as advised.

Comment

Originally posted by conholster
                    What is the output of
                    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
                    and
                    dmesg
                    I've uploaded two files with results:

http://www.mossamics.cat/cat.txt

http://www.mossamics.cat/dmes.txt

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                      Okay, your xorg.conf is pre 8.10.

Did you do an update or are you in the wrong forum? Either way, make a backup copy of your xorg and install and run envy as advised.
                      Yes, I've installed 8.10 Beta, and until now I do upgrades.
                      Now I will try to run envy and post results, but I'm writing from the same laptot into a KDE session ...

Comment

Now I will try to run envy and post results, but I'm writing from the same laptot into a KDE session
                        Que? Ah, you have a different system on your laptop as well, so it takes a while... Better write down the steps then or even better use lynx or links2 to browse the forum on the command line

Comment

Originally posted by quisoc
                          Now I will try to run envy and post results, but I'm writing from the same laptot into a KDE session ...
                          Make sure you install the package
                          Code:
                          envyng-core
                          It will install a GUI icon in the KMenu > System menu. You can also run it at the CLI with
                          Code:
                          sudo envyng -t

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                            Now I will try to run envy and post results, but I'm writing from the same laptot into a KDE session
                            Que? Ah, you have a different system on your laptop as well, so it takes a while... Better write down the steps then or even better use lynx or links2 to browse the forum on the command line
                            No no, it's the same system. But only one can start xsessions.

Comment

Oh. Now I am a tad confused. So your system has crashed but you can still log into X with one user but not the others? And you had an update?

Pray tell the whole story - sounds like it wouldn't hurt us if we know the whole caboodle

Comment

Working...
                              X