This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Menu Items ? [Solved]

Kmenu shows my folders only...tried to reconfigure panel and can't find any reference for this

What happened to the list of programs

Is this a Plasmoid issue

:-X

Re: Lost Menu Items ?

Are you running a snapshot of KDE 4.2?

Comment

Re: Lost Menu Items ?

Whatever kde was included with 8.10 installation.

I was able to get back kmenu ...?? is a widget now

It's up at the upper left corner and can't find any listed feature to move it ??

also added new panel, which was also gone, at the bottom (which had also disapperared) but can't get it configured since the only available visible features seem limited to oeientation and size.

with 8.04, was easy to get the panel any way you wanted

Comment

Re: Lost Menu Items ? [almost all solved]

ok...got the kmenu and panel with all I had before back. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to move them to where I want them on the desktop. Kmenu seems to be at the upper left corner of the screen - unlocking still doesn't allow me to move it either.

Comment

where d'you want it?
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I'm used to having both kmenu and panel at the bottom...I can live with it at top but where have the rectangular position selectors that would come up at right click on the panel ?
            this panel sticks to my mouse pointer like "crazy glue" when I'm trying to configure it - very frustrating - never had problems configuring it before (with previous version)

Comment

Click on the cashew, a "new" thing will come up below your bar. Click on it with your mouse and move it to wherever you want (I moved mine up top). Now click on your k-menu once and release. Move your mouse and k-menu will follow...

Or are you on about something else?
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

ok - got the panel to the bottom...weird the way it's done now !
                now I still have Kmenu at the left upper corner and need to bring it to the bottom

oops i think we were posting at same time toad - will try it with kmenu

Comment

no the cashew thingy didn't do it...have kmenu still at top .....now I don't have view of any active webpages...had to re-enter firefox to get back. I wonder if all this has to do with my display not being recognized properly ?

strange how all this was fine for a few days until now.

Comment

Ahh! So the panel moved down but kmenu stayed up top - methinks that your kmenu is a separate widget. Click on your cashew (at the bottom now, right?) and select "Add widget". Add kmenu and it should appear on the far right of your bar. Click on it, release and move your mouse about, kmenu will follow. Once you've got where you want click again and Bob's your uncle (I hope).

Comment

OK ! Got it...don't know how kmenu ended up as a seperate widget ??
                      but now everything looks in order...i had also lost the taskbar...which is a widget !!!! now too :-X
                      Did Mr. Rubiks from Rubiks cube have any input with this new panel configuration ?
                      Thanks toad for all your help

Comment

You should have seen me fret when I first encountered this new-fangled stuff!!! I didn't know North from South, front from back!

Anyway, glad you got it sussed. Time to mark it truly solved

Comment

Working...
                        X