This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tray application priority

Is there a way to control the start up sequence of tray applications ? ie. I want the connection wizard starts before my other internet related apps, so that I will not get connection error before I can connect, since I am not always connected I must connect manually, but the wizard comes out last on the long list, this is minor issue but quite annoying.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Tray application priority

I have the same "problem", but I haven't find a way to solve it so far...
    I tried to take a peek at .kde/ with no luck.

Comment

Even worst in rare case the connection wizard doesn't come out at all, it works again after reboot

Comment

Well, in that case you just have to launch KNetworkManager. It works for me, but I have to say that it happens very rarely.

Comment

If you use the /.kde/Autostart folder to start some of your apps you could add a sleep command like this:

Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          sleep 30
          /usr/bin/checkgmail
          This makes the script pause for 30 seconds before launching checkgmail.

Comment

That's cute ! but I don't know how they get started, Pigdin started before knetwork for example what can I do ?

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of .kde/Autostart, but the question is: how does kde4 handle the sequence of applications that need to be launched since my Autostart folder is empty?

Comment

I have the same issue as this. The issue is part of the KDE session manager, it has "nothing" to do with AutoStart. The settings for this are in "system Settings" -> "Advanced" tab, then "Session Manager". But as astratto said, if you have a network manager to connect to wireless, pidgin, and firefox running, then when you restart KDE the session manager launches all 3 of these, and firefox and pidgin load up before the network manager finishes establishing a wireless connection, resuling in internet connection errors.

It does not look like there is any way to handle ordering or priority on that settings page. It makes sense in some way because it "can't" know what you have in your session. but they need to add a "prerequisite" list of apps that have to be running before loading your saved session, and network manager should be in there by default.

Comment

Working...
                X