This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Resolution Messed Up

I have been using a screen resolution of 1280x1024 @85Hz since I switched to Kubuntu a while back with v8.04 (64 bit).

Yesterday while I was away the power had failed and had not come back before my 1KVA UPS batteries were drained.

Since then when I start the system all I get is a max screen res of 1152x864 @60Hz; system settings also do not show a resolution higher than that.

Replacing xorg.conf with the backup I had does not help as system hangs up in the boot process when I use the backup file.

Using the xserver fix option in the "Recovery Mode" boot option does not help either as the max res does not go beyond 1152x864 @60Hz.

Any help welcome - thanks!

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Video Resolution Messed Up

I am using K8.10 with KDE 4.1 and the resolution changes on every boot. It is weird.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Comment

And continues to do so. Its like I am playing the Lottery, diff every time. Any suggestions?
      Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Comment

Originally posted by whobunstu
        And continues to do so. Its like I am playing the Lottery, diff every time. Any suggestions?
        Upgrade to 4.2

Comment

Working...
        X