This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice 3 (solved)

When will Intrepid have OO3 available?? tried to install it from the deb files but was unable to get it working after several hours of trying.

Thanks, I got it working now

Re: OpenOffice 3

see this thread

I have been using it since I came back to Linux...works great so far.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Re: OpenOffice 3 (solved)

OO3 was the first thing I installed under II. I downloaded the file from the web site. OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz Unziped it to my desktop. Went in to the folder, then in to the deb folder. Once in this folder perss the F4 key to open a terminal there. now type sudo dpkg -i *.deb hit enter, enter you password and it installs. Once you have it installed you have to create a link to it in the menu. Right click on the k menu select edit menu. Pick the folder ware you want it, I used office. Select new item name it some thing like openoffice3 in the command field brows to the /opt/openoffice3/program/soffice.bin. Give it an icon, then save then open the k menu and open openoffice 3.

Should work. I have installed it in Kubuntu 8.4.1 kde3, 8.4.1 kde 4, Kubuntu 8.10, ubuntu 8.10, Freespire2, and edubuntu 8.10

Noel Vh
      ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Working...
      X