This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Printer Settings

Does anyone know where to change the printer settings in KDE 4?

I went to Printing, and it lets me add a printer, but I can't find where to set the paper size, the media size, the photo quality, etc.

I like to setup printers for each type, ie: Photo_4by6, Photo_5by7, Documents, etc.

Re: Change Printer Settings

http://localhost:631/

Comment

That works, but I was looking for a built in GUI, which I found, just open Add/Remove Software, search for Printers, choose the Settings Category, and select both Default Printer packages.

Then when you go to System > Printers from the KMenu, it will load a configuration tool that you can use to set all of the properties.

Comment

Yep. But in the CUPS interface there are a couple extra things you can do, that are harder/impossible to do in the GUI interface, as i recall... but mainly i was trying to get you a quick answer since i saw you were online Glad to see you found what suited you best.

Comment

More of what suited my wife best. She is constantly printing new photo sizes and needs to be able to change the settings easily. Trying to tell her to open Firefox or Konqueror to do that, just didn't seem like a fun conversation.

Comment

Working...
          X