This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia problems

I just made a total fool of myself in front of my dad, because I couldn't get CD nor DVD to play.
    I have installed KsCD and it recognizes my CDs and all but when I press play there is no sound. What's the problem?
    And wit DVDs I've installed libdvdcss2 and all and I still cant play them in my KMplayer.

So please help so I can "impress" my dad, and show him that Linux does all the things that Windows does.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: Multimedia problems

Originally posted by Primoz
    I just made a total fool of myself in front of my dad, because I couldn't get CD nor DVD to play.
    I have installed KsCD and it recognizes my CDs and all but when I press play there is no sound. What's the problem?
    And wit DVDs I've installed libdvdcss2 and all and I still cant play them in my KMplayer.

So please help so I can "impress" my dad, and show him that Linux does all the things that Windows does.
    Thanks in advance.
    Install VLC it runs just about everything including MP4s from my Nokia N95

Comment

hmmm... not much to go on. Never heard of KsCD either.
      Did you check the sound settings in KMix? or possibly check the configuration in KsCD?
      Not sure about the DVD problem. I have MPlayer and VLC on my system and both work without a hitch.
      As the person above me said, I would try the VLC media player. It will play anything from CD's to DVD's, to streaming audio... etc.
      &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

I resolved the KsCD problem; it uses phonon and I change to alsa, and it works...
        I&#39;m magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Working...
        X