X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant create more desktops

I'm stuck with only 2 desktops.
    I right click on the pager and select configure desktops and press on the arrow to increase my desktop total to 4. Good so far :P
    But when I click on OK/Apply, the changes dont take place. Same thing happens if I try to change it to only 1 desktop.
    A big e-thanks to anyone who helps out

EDIT
    When I restart, I have my 4 desktops. I think its linked to comiz because once i enable it, I go back to 2 :\

Re: Cant create more desktops

Well, it should work - it does for me (just tried it - increasing from 4 to 6). That said, what happens if you do it via:

K Menu > System Settings > Desktop > Multiple Desktops
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I tried it like you said. Same thing happened as it did in pager :\

Comment

Sorry about the double post.
        EDIT
        Whenever I switch Kwin instead of Compiz, I can select my number of desktops

Comment

Originally posted by edlemur
          EDIT
          When I restart, I have my 4 desktops. I think its linked to comiz because once i enable it, I go back to 2 :\
          Ah, Compiz. I've got compiz running on HH and GG. I am not running it in II. That said, compiz and kwin (the KDE windows manager) conflict with each other, or they do in HH and GG. Do you have your four-sided cube?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, I dont have the cube of Kwin. Is there any way to disable Kwin and run on compiz instead?

Comment

Choose compiz from Kicker->System Settings->Advanced->Session Manager->Window Manager
              Also, you might need to install a package "compiz-kde" to help it better integrate with kde.

Comment

Working...
              X