X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde4/kubuntu8.10

Hi,

I have upgrades my AMD64/Kubuntu8.04 to Kubuntu8.10. The task bar at the bottom of the screen becomes black and when I move the cursor on the black band it comes alive and I can see what is running my windows. I do not want it to disappear. How can I command this feature? Somehow the Application Launcher disappeared from the bottom task bar. How can I put it back where it belongs? When I put some files or directories on my Desktop I do not see them in on the graphical desktop but can see them with a terminal. Unlike to kde3.5 it is rather difficult to command the new desktop. Where should I look for pertinent documentation?

Many thanks

Re: kde4/kubuntu8.10

Hi.

If you right-click on the desktop ->Unlock Widgets then - on the panel - right-click ->Add Widgets ->Task Manager will put one there.

To view the contents of the desktop, go to your <Home Folder>, and it is lurking in there.

Have Fun.

Comment

Re: kde4/kubuntu8.10

For your Desktop, you should right click on the desktop and choose Add Widget. Then add the Folder View widget, which will give you a place to drop files on the desktop and work with them. You can setup the Folder View widget to display the contents of any folder you want--but most people set it to display the Desktop folder.

Comment

Working...
      X