This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotmail and Firefox problems entering text into new message

Since the last update of hotmail, we cannot enter text into a new message with hotmail and firefox 3.0.3 or konqueror. A user-agent switch to vista/ie didn't help, but the following:

about:config
    (filter) general.useragent.vendor: change the string value to be blank

seems to help... but still researching and testing... anyone else having this problem?

Re: Hotmail and Firefox problems entering text into new message

Yep. Very annoying isn't it. I use Google Chrome in Windows and Firefox in Linux and have also tried Konqeror. The update has also broken the webmail plugin for Thunderbird! In this instance I did something that I normally don't do and gave up! Switched to my googlemail account and sent Microsoft some 'feedback' .

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
      Since the last update of hotmail, we cannot enter text into a new message with hotmail and firefox 3.0.3 or konqueror. A user-agent switch to vista/ie didn't help, but the following:

about:config
      (filter) general.useragent.vendor: change the string value to be blank

seems to help... but still researching and testing... anyone else having this problem?
      I had the same issue, and looked around and it seems to be universal. In order to work around it, I installed WINE and then a program called "ies4linux", which basically installs a basic version of Internet explorer that can be used on Linux via WINE. Here is a link to a how to:
      http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to...-on-linux.html

It has worked for us. The only reason I bothered to work around this, is I wanted to get my wife off of windows, and into Kubuntu, and she won't give up her Hotmail account.

To me it sounds like Microsoft is trying to rig it so you have to use windows to use hotmail. But i am just speculating. :-X
      I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jackfalstaff
        ...The only reason I bothered to work around this, is I wanted to get my wife off of windows, and into Kubuntu, and she won't give up her Hotmail account...
        lol. Same here.

Comment

No no! It's so everyone can enjoy an enhanced internet experience and feel like they are using the 'brilliant' Microsoft Outlook on any computer capable of connecting to the internet. OF COURSE

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
            Originally posted by jackfalstaff
            ...The only reason I bothered to work around this, is I wanted to get my wife off of windows, and into Kubuntu, and she won't give up her Hotmail account...
            lol. Same here.
            Now if i could just get her to drop hotmail, we would be free of the evil empire. Another corollary thing we found out, in attempting to find a work around (plan 1 was to forward all hotmail stuff to gmail), is that hotmail will not let you forward your email to another account UNLESS It is another Microsoft "live" or whatever email account. - Nice.

I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

Comment

In house Linux, there are no Windows, and access isn't barred by any Gates.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X