This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 right click menu

Is there any way to get back the old kde3 stlye right click menu, ie have compress and extract here as options?
    The best i could find was this
    http://fosswire.com/2008/08/15/extra...lick-in-kde-4/
    but i would not install right for me.
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: KDE4 right click menu

well looks like just you and me miss this feature a lot.

Comment

Weird, I have these options.

I -think- it comes with the package Ark.

Comment

I, too, made much use of the right-click Actions-Compress feature in Linspire. All I had to do to compress a folder was right-click on it, select Actions -- Compress. Is there some way to get this working in Dolphin? I am setting up features and software that I like in Kubuntu 8.10.

Thanks.

Stan

Comment

as pointed correctly by Teunis is a matter of Ark but looks like the package on 8.10 ain't such use anymore . Very sadly I'd to say that is just the cherry on top of the big mound of disappointment for the new Kubuntu release - just need to say that I'm still using my old 8.04 for work and the 8.10 is there alone awaiting migration from the old one.

Comment

a due update:

I have just finished to cross the river from 8.10 to 9.04 and the problem have been fixed - if you got Ark installed now the RMB menu shows the Compress... ->compress to submenu we are used to have in 8.04 - thumb up to the K-team!

Comment

Well, you could have had it in KDE 4.1.x if you built the compress and extract from source (kde-apps). Or you could have had it a few months ago by updating KDE 4.1.x -> 4.2.0 from the repos listed on kubuntu.org when KDE 4.2 launched. Granted, I believe KDE 4.2.2 was the first version to get it "right", no hangs, correct info panel synchronization, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X