Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sound not playing, login sound choking up.

Ah the sweet, sweet sound of satisfaction. Oh, and I am having that beer now.

I'm really happy that I was able to assist you in getting your problems worked out. Now, if you will return to your initial post in this thread and click the modify button, you can add SOLVED to the subject.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Now, if you will return to your initial post in this thread and click the modify button, you can add SOLVED to the subject.
      I did that and looked around everywhere and couldn't find a "Solved" option box, or anything for "Solved". I must be missin' sumthin'. What does it look like?

thanks,
      theAdmiral

Comment

Select <Modify> your first post, then put it in the Topic line at the top.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Re: [Solved]Sound not playing, login sound choking up.

You are Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by theAdmiral
              Ok, you can have your beer now It worked!
              W00000 -- hoooooooot!

Good-O, Snowhog!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                That you hear part of the logon sound means you do have working sound. That issue - partial playing of logon sound - has already been commented on.
                Please forgive me... I am new to kubuntu and have searched this forum for many combination of terms and can't find where the partial playing of logon sound had a solution that worked for me. I have been into the KDE System Notifications and verified the sound plays in its entirety when tested. It is also the same sound that plays on logout and that works correctly.

Would you point me to the post that addresses this?

Thanks

Comment

So far, there isn't a solution. I don't worry about it, assuming that at some point - JJ 9.04 - it will be 'fixed.' As stated, this is just an annoyance, and does not affect the operation of the system, nor working sound once the desktop is loaded.
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by theAdmiral

1. Login sound for KDE loading does not play completely, only a small part.

2. Amarok does not play music CD. Can't figure out how to get it to do that. And if I did, I do not think that it would actually play the music.

Any help with these would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

theAdmiral
                    The login sound works with KDE 4.2 beta, it has only taken the best aprt of a yerar to fix it!!

Amarok 2.0 doesn't play audio CDs, they have got round to it yet.

Comment

Does anybody get a "scratchy ending" on music when the stop button is pressed in Amarok? If so, did you resolve it, and how did you resolve it?

Thanks,
                      theAdmiral

Comment

Working...
                      X