This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kima?

Anyone know if something like Kima is available for Intrepid other than KSensors?

Pity Kima does not seem to function in v8.10 of Kubuntu.
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Kima?

I personally use GKrellM. It's very easy to use/configure. It's in the repositories and can be selected/installed from Adept Manager or Synaptic or from the CLI.
    Attached Files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

My preference for Kima is that, just like with KSensors, it enables the vital temperature info to be displayed on the system tray and thus makes it visible from all desktops even when a window is open.

Regards
      The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

GKrellM can be configured to be on every desktop - mine is so configured. It can be configured to be stay on top of other windows, so it is visible all the time. You might want to check it out.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X