X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

font size & screen resolution after switching to nvidia drivers

Dear all

I'm using kubuntu 8.10 on a toshiba portege m200. everything's working fine (except maybe for speed). so I decided to install the nvidia drivers for 3d acceleration.
    The problem now is that although I can select the proper resolution for my screen, the fonts seem to have grown a lot larger; wherever there is text it looks much bigger and bulkier than before. How can I undo this change? Is there some problem with my installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards...Cliowa

Re: font size & screen resolution after switching to nvidia drivers

Can't claim to know why its happened but if you want to change fonts go to start menu/system settings/appearance and then fonts. Then experiment away.

Comment

Re: font size & screen resolution after switching to nvidia drivers

Most likely it is your DPI...when I upgraged to 8.10, somehow my DPI got set higher, so the fonts were bigger. you can go to 'System Settings|Appearance|Fonts' and change the DPI back to 96. My system is much better!
      mm0
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
      X