X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend in KDE 4.1?

I have a Latitude D531 with the Amd64 AthalonX2

I have gone into the "guidance power manager" (the one that pops up when you click on the battery meter)
    and have set all of my preferred power settings but the only one that works is the suspend when I close the laptop lid...

Is there a better way of managing my power settings? I don't like my computer running all of the time but don't want the wear and tear on my laptop my closing it every time I am done with it.

Re: Suspend in KDE 4.1?

Hi

Im actually trying to get the system to go into suspend when i close the lid (intrepid kde 4.1.3), does anyone know how to set this up?

Thx

Zeltak

Comment

I use S2RAM on my desktop, but I can't guarantee my method will work on a lappy. First, you need to install the package "kpowersave"

Also, you need a swap space that's at least 1.25X your installed memory.

Comment

Hi and thx for the answer

the problem is not with suspend it works well, the problem is that i want it to go into suspend when i close the lid and i cant for the life of me find any way to do so .

Regarding powersave, i know it does that and has a lot of functions but in hardy it completely trashed my suspend/hibernate for some reason and now after a clean install because of that i am VERY afraid to try it again so i would only use it in a last (but very desperate resort)

thx again

Zeltak

Comment

If you click on the battery meter in the status bar, a window should pop up that gives you the options for what to do when the lid is closed. I have mine set up that way.
          mm0
          Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

@zeltak
            It probably is a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/281916
            I myself cannot reproduce it on all my laptops.

Comment

I tried that and it worked, but not when it comes out of suspend my computer is bogged down. Majorly, and no matter how long it sets it never recovers I end up restarting.

Comment

Originally posted by caljank
                Is there a better way of managing my power settings? I don't like my computer running all of the time but don't want the wear and tear on my laptop my closing it every time I am done with it.
                Give powerdevil a shot "sudo apt-get install powerdevil" We will most likely be replacing guidance with powerdevil in jaunty.
                I&#39;m French, I like to be kissed on the mouth!

Comment

Kpowersave also gives you the option you seek. I hibernate my dell 630m lappy simply by shutting the lid.

Ian

Comment

posted in wrong topic...sorry!
                    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
                    X