This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kooldock

Has anyone managed to get Kooldock to work?

All i get is The program name or command /home/malcolm/.kde/share/apps/kooldock/menu/00_konqueror.desktop cannot be found. Please correct the command or URL and try again type messages.

Edited to add:
    I should have said, the icons are in the correct place, if i click on them, they start.

Edited again:
    The address which Kooldock passes along to whatever-executes-the-commands is correct; as a trial, i clicked on the Kate icon, it threw up a Sorry message similar to the above, so i copy/pasted that address into Konqueror, which promptly asked me "Do you really want to execute 'file:///home/malcolm/.kde/share/apps/kooldock/menu/03_kate.desktop'?", i clicked Yes and Kate started.

Re: Kooldock

I have not managed to get it to work either under KDE4 (get the same error message).

I haven't delved into it yet, though, rather waiting for native KDE4 plasmoids to do the job instead...

But out of interest, you could check whether all the necessary files are available in ~/.kde/share/apps/kooldock/menu/
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
      But out of interest, you could check whether all the necessary files are available in ~/.kde/share/apps/kooldock/menu/
      .... I may get round to it later....

Comment

Ha!

Peace and love
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I just popped across to the http://sourceforge.net/projects/kooldock forum, and posted a message.... well, sort-of copy/pasted what i said here, actually

I'll let you know what response i get, it is most certainly a handy little utility.

Comment

Nice one aged hippy! Thank you very much

Comment

.... and don't fret, i'll mark this one Solved ! when it is.

Comment

I played with kooldock back on 7.10 or what ever 7 was. I quickly moved to AWN and have been very happy with that. It is in the reops and works under 8.10.

I think it took me 10 minutes to install, run and setup AWN.

Have a look
                search the repos with synaptic not apt and you will find it.
                AWN
                Avant window navigator
                http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...LQmgZRm7dCXv-Q
                this is a photo of my desktop with AWN running at the bottom.
                http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...k-JHbn4-g2EJHg
                Here it is running under Ubuntu with compiz.
                Noel Vh
                ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

But AWN is written for Gnome. Yes, you can install it in KDE, but it brings in a TON of Gnome dependency packages. :P
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I tried AWN and it looks, well, like gnome. Functionality is fine, however.

Comment

Working...
                    X