Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has the "info list view" gone in konqueror?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has the "info list view" gone in konqueror?

It seems that in kde 4.1 (as shipped with intrepid ibex) the info list view has been eliminated as an option when using konqueror as a file manager. Dolphin obviously doesn't have this feature either.
    This used to be an efficient way of quickly checking the music files in a folder for completeness / correctness of id3 tags or to check the bitrates of the music files at a single glance.

Can anybody tell me whether this option is retrievable somehow or suggest how to achieve the above some other way without having to open a new application for this purpose?

Re: Where has the "info list view" gone in konqueror?

It's all there, mate.

konqueror or dolphin, same business.

View - View Mode - Details

Then you need to configure it as the default. For that go into settings and change to "common view properties for all folders". Can't exactly remember where it is, but you'll find it
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but you misread my question. I'm not looking for the 'details' view mode, i'm looking for the 'info list' view mode.

'Details' when looking at a folder with mp3s gives you the size of the file, the file date etc. 'Info list' used to give you the contents of id3 tags and other useful information specific to the file types in the folder.

Why on earth has this been eliminated?

Comment

Oops! That comes from scouring the forum and not reading anything properly! Sorry! And no, I cannot answer your question
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X