This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror and Google websites

Hi, I think everybody noticed, that Konqueror has problem with google websites. I was playing with different fake user agents but still, have not found solution than I be happy with. I think this is one of google policies because, to have only few compatible browsers (IE, Safari, FF, Chrome). My wife blames on google, that some of gmail features does not work on Opera. This is interesting, because yahoo websites work fine on Konqueror.

For Picasa web albums I use Mozila 1.7.3 on Win XP fake agent. All functions work OK. Performance is tolerable. Unfortunately I did not found any agent to make Gmail run in not HTML view.

Maybe you can share our experiences on Konqueror-google related things. What user agents do you use? Does all function work? Whats about performance?

What are our experiences on GMAIL, Picasaweb, google calendar, google apps, google reader?

Yes
    0%
    More Yes, than No
    0%
    More No, than Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Re: Konqueror and Google websites

Though i've never used Konqueror before to access my Gmail accounts, i read your poll and decided to give it a try, so i went to the log-in page (from the Firefox bookmarks), logged-in, and was in the account in about five seconds or so.

So i can't vote, and don't ought to comment.

But i think i'll stick with Firefox.

Comment

Today my system updated to KDE 4.1.3, so I give one more try for Konqueror.
      First of all I tried safari 2.0 identification. More or less OK in Maps and Calendar, but problems with opening emails (Gmail) and pictures (safari).

Using Firefox 2 indentification I recieved wonderfull results. Gmail works fine, Picasa web, to. I even can use chat in gmail. Thats fine! By the way preformance improved very much.

Comment

I use Safari 1.x for gmail, and then use keyboard shortcuts to navigate, opening emails doesn't work with mouse clicking.

Google reader (one of my favorites) I read in firefox, because I haven't found an agent yet that performs good enough.

Any sugestions?

Comment

The Firefox plugin Brief works very well indeed in my experience, it is easily configurable as well.

i.e. click on the subject, and Brief opens it in the background in another tab - if you ask it to.

Comment

I can suggest to try firefox 2 identification. I didn't try it on reader, but in other google sites (gmail, calendar, picasa web) it showed very good result (using 4.1.3)

Comment

OK, form now on i'll use firefox 2.0 agent for gamil/calendar/picasa, for reader i'll stick to using the actual firefox because konqueror simply doesn't perform well enough.

Is google and or Konqueror planning to work on this isue of malperforming google sites?

Comment

Working...
              X