This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine or alternative

I'd like to run some windows games on kubuntu 8.1 (after fixing my screen problems) do you think wine will work? is there any chance it can run on Intrepid?

Re: Wine or alternative

I've installed it and it works, but i can't run anything useful (favourite game ) because of video issues.

YMMV

Comment

By that do you mean the serious flickering that happens when Wine runs?

Comment

Originally posted by Luca
        I'd like to run some windows games on kubuntu 8.1 (after fixing my screen problems) do you think wine will work? is there any chance it can run on Intrepid?
        wine works fine in Intrepid. see the winehq.org website for installation instructions for the latest version.

whether your game will work on wine or not is another matter. search the appdb on the winehq website.

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
          By that do you mean the serious flickering that happens when Wine runs?
          Not only that, if i run Kyodai, and click the "Go 3D" mode i get a "Access violation at address 004EDA04 in module "kmj.exe", Read of address 00000000".

The flickering certainly has got less though, at first i couldn't actually get the game started.

Comment

I downloaded the package wine-1.0.1.tar.bz2
            I did it cause once I tried to add a new source to adept it crashed and didn't restart until I removed it so I'm afraid to add a new source for wine

now that I have the file how do I install the progr?

Comment

When you added the new source did you add the scott ritchie signature too, which is vital for the wine download to work?

However, if you simply remove the wine source from adept and update your packages you will find a version of wine, albeit a slightly older one, in adept already. You should not, at any time, have to manually install that package.

Comment

Working...
              X