X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kubuntu 8.10 - window behavior

Hi guys,
    I just installed Kubuntu 8.10 and as an experiment I activated several effects of desktop (using window behavior: blur, snow, explosion). After activation, the screen became totally black except for one bottom strip that shows the top row of the normal screen. At this point the current user (main user) is inactive and there is no other user that can modify the settings.
    On the login panel I have another user and through this user I don't see on the "system settings panel" the "user management icon" to be able to create another user with all privileges and groups

I tried to turn off and on but nothing changed.
    I tried to create another user from "root" but it didn't have the "privileges and groups" of the main user so I can't do anything.

How can I go back to the normal situation? can you help me please?
    Thanks in advance
    Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 - window behavior

I had a similar problem (was because of the NVIDIA driver, the system was using the free driver instead the NVIDIA one)

edit ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc (pass to a terminal using CTRL+ALT+F1)

under [Compositing]

set
    Enabled=false

Another solution (instead using envyng to install the driver) is to use XRender instead of OpenGL (you can set it under Advanced Options in systemsettings>Desktop).

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 - window behavior

Originally posted by FabrizioP
      I had a similar problem (was because of the NVIDIA driver, the system was using the free driver instead the NVIDIA one)

edit ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc (pass to a terminal using CTRL+ALT+F1)

under [Compositing]

set
      Enabled=false

Another solution (instead using envyng to install the driver) is to use XRender instead of OpenGL (you can set it under Advanced Options in systemsettings>Desktop).

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, problem solved
      Dual-booting:<br />Kubuntu: Karmic Koala (Main OS)<br />Windows:Vista Home Premium<br />--------------------------------------------------------------<br />Sony Vaio&nbsp; VGN-NR21Z - 2 Duo processor T8100<br />Graphics nvidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU

Comment

Working...
      X