This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: Panel Widget Resizing

Anyone know how to resize the width of widgets in the panel?  For example, my clock is taking up almost half the panel!!

Also, I can't move my widgets to any location in the panel I want.  They always seem to want to align with the left side of the panel, which is rather annoying since I like to keep certain things aligned to one side of the panel or the other.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Personally, I miss the old KDE3 panel :-/

Re: Panel Widget Resizing

On one side of the widget when you hover the mouse over it are some little gadgets, if you click-and-hold the cursor on the top one and drag it to one side, it re-sizes the widget. If you also hold down the left <Alt> (or <Ctrl>, i forget which) key, it re-sizes it in different directions.

Comment

I see that for the desktop widgets, but what about the widgets that are in the panel, like the clock or system tray?

Comment

I'll have to pass on that one, i haven't got a panel, and the system tray i use is a widget itself.

Comment

I was able to find a workaround by download the Panel Spacer widget.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=89304

Thanks to toad for pointing it out.

It would still be nice if widgets in the panel could be resized and placed with more freedom...

Comment

Re: SOLVED: Panel Widget Resizing

hey, I know this topic is a few days old now...maybe I can still get an answer, thanks for the panel spacer link, I downloaded, and installed it however I can't find where it is to use it...can anyone direct me to where it is?

Comment

Re: SOLVED: Panel Widget Resizing

Originally posted by ozguitarplayer
              hey, I know this topic is a few days old now...maybe I can still get an answer, thanks for the panel spacer link, I downloaded, and installed it however I can't find where it is to use it...can anyone direct me to where it is?

you would then have to add the new widget:
              http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=89304

Comment

Working...
              X