X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: login sound

Originally posted by aged hippy
    Originally posted by aiiee
    can you tell me where to put the new login sound?
    Put it in /usr/share/sounds/ and select it in ->System Notifications ->Window Manager.
    thank you! Now if I could find the actual file where the login sound is called from, maybe I could put a sleep command before or after the call to give it time to play before the next task starts, if indeed that is the problem.

Comment

It's bound to be one of the 3 files that begins "KDE-sys-log-in" -- right?

Comment

/usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In-Short.ogg
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok, the login sound only seems to get stepped on during a rebott. Logout/login doesn't do it, so maybe it's something that gets called during system startup right after startx or whatever the command is that starts kde

Comment

I don't know whether it's my overclocked CPU or some other timing issue, but the "login sound" gets truncated about 75% of the way through the little tune. A more obsessive personality than me might be disturbed by it .....

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              A more obsessive personality than me might be disturbed by it .....
              Mine gets stomped on sufficiently, that it'd qualify for an entry in "Name that Tune" (given that so little of it plays!)
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'd like to install the system sounds (login/logout) from edgy-eft, any ideas where I can find this package?

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                X