X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to enable windows media video play on konqueror

hi

Previously i was using kaffine on kde 3.5 to view windows media embeded video on konqueror. now i am on kubuntu 8.10 with kde 4.1.2 and installed kaffine, kmplayer but cannot play any windows media in konqueror web browser.

are there any players that support windows media on kde 4 that i can use to view streaming windows media embeded in browser. check this site that has windows media. www.rajshri.com for indian movies.

Thanks

Re: how to enable windows media video play on konqueror

Forgot to mention that i am using 64 bit kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by linguru
      ... www.rajshri.com for indian movies.
      Seems to work fine with mplayer and the mozilla-mplayer plugin.

I recommend checking out Medibuntu http://www.medibuntu.org/)](http://www.medibuntu.org/)[/url] for packages with the most Windows compatibility.

Also, you might want to give the VLC packages a whirl. It's a great player that I use for most everything.
      Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

I tried vlc and all packages like mplayer, mozilla-mplayer etc. may be i have reinstall kubuntu since i did a clean install of kubuntu 8.10 RC and then upgraded.

Comment

able to get embeded windows media working by installing mplayer mozilla plugin. for some reason the update from 8.10RC to 8.10 did notwork fine. did a complete reinstall of 8.10 and everything seems to work fine

Comment

Working...
          X