X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adept search not working

Originally posted by pcgc1xn
    ...I can only assume that there isn't one, and that Adept therefore has a bug in that it does not build an index when first started. Does this sound right?
    No, but the 'new' adept manager does 'lack' a lot of usefulness compared to the previous version. I too, installed Synaptic, and if Adept Manager isn't improved by the developers to what it was prior to II, well, I'll continue to use Synaptic instead.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have no words to say how much disappointed I am about the new adept >. It's confusing, buggy, doesn't find everything it should and searchs only stuff with names longer than three characters leaving in the cold things like vlc kde ( ) vpn and so on and so forth. And don't get me started about the extensive documentation that explains the shortcomings and workarounds (like putting spaces before words three chars or shorter and it doesn't fix it completely). Does this thing has potential? Maybe, but definitely not today. It's a beta and it shows. At least give us the chance to use the old adept while the new one matures.

Comment

I was thinking that I'm the only one so disapointed about adept.

I registered bug conserning weird behavior of seaching or filltering. But actually I get answer that it is attended behavior
        It can be good idea if you share your expierienses about searching. Maybe my examples are not so good.
        There is the link https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174344

Comment

Originally posted by dumas33
          I was thinking that I'm the only one so disapointed about adept.

I registered bug conserning weird behavior of seaching or filltering. But actually I get answer that it is attended behavior
          It can be good idea if you share your expierienses about searching. Maybe my examples are not so good.
          There is the link https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174344
          I'm using adept 3.0 beta 4 and it works just fine (apart from not searching with just 3 characters, but I just add a space). Anyway I checked the searches on the bug comments and it returns correct results for me, just curious if you are using same version as myself.
          Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Thats strange.. I have beta 4 too. Did you get kipi-plungins if you search it? I get it with last result..
            So, I moved to synaptic, hope til 9.04

Comment

Originally posted by dumas33
              Thats strange.. I have beta 4 too. Did you get kipi-plungins if you search it? I get it with last result..
              So, I moved to synaptic, hope til 9.04
              I'm not on my Kubuntu system at the moment, but when I searched kipi-plugins last night I got just the two results (which is correct). If I just searched Kipi then I got all results relating to kipi. I am running Kde 4.2 beta1, but I wouldn't have thought that that would make a difference.
              Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Working...
              X