Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Desktops not working (always 2, no more, no less)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Desktops not working (always 2, no more, no less)

I just upgraded to Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (KDE4.1) and my six desktops disappeared: I have now only two desktops.
    I tried to change the rows of the pager, but I always have only 2 desktops.

I tried to change the Configure Desktops/Number of desktops, but even if I put more (or less) than 2 desktops, after applying/closing/reopening, I have only 2 desktops.

What's wrong with this?

Re: Multiple Desktops not working (always 2, no more, no less)

Just a possibility, but are you using compiz? If so, you'll need to set the number of desktops in the compiz settings manager rather than in the KDE settings.

If this is this problem, you fix it in the compiz config settings manager in General Options>Desktop Size, and then choose horizontal and vertical sizes to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by marek_online
      Just a possibility, but are you using compiz? If so, you'll need to set the number of desktops in the compiz settings manager rather than in the KDE settings.

If this is this problem, you fix it in the compiz config settings manager in General Options>Desktop Size, and then choose horizontal and vertical sizes to taste.
      No compiz here, I'm using KWin

Comment

I couldn't alter the number of desktops by using the task bar icon but had no problem doing it from System settings -> Desktop -> Multiple desktops

Comment

Changing the number of desktops by right-clicking on the Pager icon, selecting Configure Desktops... or doing it through System Settings > Desktop > Multiple Desktops > Number of desktops works for me. Either way works.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The same here.. I tried without compiz and also installed compiz and tried again.. I can change teh numder of desktops and apply, but nothing changes. When I open the desktop manager again it says 2 desktops..

I removed compiz to see if it makes any difference.. none. this seems to be a bug, and since for the moment it doesn' t cause a real problem for me I will simply wait and see if it gets solved in any update.

Comment

Working...
            X