This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Calender and other Korganizer questions

I have never really used kontact much but now with the new plasmoids (to-do, birthdays) I wanted to set it up.

I have all my calenders and contacts on a separate partition /data so I imported them to korganizer. That worked fine but there are a few issues:
    -setting the default calender. How does one do this? I have googled around but found nothing usefull.
    -The today view shows the 27. October instead of the 31. October.

With Kaddress (contacts):
    -setting default address book proves equally mysterious
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Default Calender and other Korganizer questions

Hi Fintan

Not sure what you see in front of you but if you have just the icons running down the side and then the calendar grid there is a hidden bit underneath. Put the cursor on the dividing line and drag it a couple of inches to the right. That will expose this months calendar (dates only) the "selected item" panel and a list of the available calendars.

Right click on the one you want as default and select "use as default calendar".

With "contacts" selected you ought to be able to configure the default in the same manner from the address pane at the foot of the screen. Doesn't work with mine as my data for that one is the sytem default (must sort that) so there are no alternatives to choose from but I would expect if you have the options "resource" and your own the option will become available.

Comment

Thank you I tried that but just get a gray background between the icons and the calender
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

If you go to Settings ->Sidebar and un-tick all except the Show Resource View it should only show the resource view.

You may have to drag the panel to the right a bit.

Comment

Of course! I remember having to do that but it's so long ago I was struggling to remember.

Must be my age

What I see reflects the fact I have show resource view, date navigator, and item viewer, Fintans must all be unchecked.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
            [ ... ]

Must be my age

Ian

... that's an excuse a reason which i frequently use -- with justification.

Comment

Working...
            X