This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox and Konquerer fail to connect to internet in production 8.10

There is no production section for 8.10 so I will post here. What did the upgrade do to Firefox and Konqueror? I can't connect to my ISP. However I can connect to my ISP using a 8.04 CD

Re: Firefox and Konquerer fail to connect to internet in production 8.10

Answer to above. Firefox and Konqueror were seeing eth1 instead of eth0. (Original LAN was on motherboard and cratered so installed a LAN card and disabled the motherboard LAN - this was 9 months ago). I was told to configure eth1. I used:
    sudo dhclient eth1

So far it seems I have to use this command at each boot up and Firefox is still waking up in Offline mode.

8.10 seems to be a rushed version of Kubuntu - especially in view of going to KDE 4 which seems to be so different - everything is hard to find. I still don't know what one uses to synch one's PalmPilot with Kontact and I thought this was to be cured in KDE4. K-Pilot seems AWOL as does Kooka for a scanner and Amarok doesn't work. I was able to synch PalmPilot using KPilot in SUSE.

To make all this worse I am staying with a family, the lady of which has a big management position in software and husband is very computer savvy and getting heckled a bit. They haven't asked me how this compares to Vista yet.

Comment

Working...
    X