Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which widgets / plasmoids (incl. instructions)

Thanks.

Your backports and your partner repos are not enabled...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

@toad you can change the panel color by going to desktop options and toward the bottom plasmoid theme (you can download them from kde-look.org from the add button)
      this is the only way i know of ... sorry not @ kde4 machine ATM so the button might have a diffrent label
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Cheers,

yeah, I've tried a few but they are all 'pre-cooked'

There is a howto for making your own theme but it involves all sorts with svg and knowledge of C being the first candidates. Since I know sweet fa of either that is out of bounds for me...
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Didn't know that they should be enabled. I enabled them and found that 80 updates were available. I'm currently downloading the updates, but the connection is slow so it might take a while. I'll try running the command again after the updates are done. Thanks.

BTW, does anyone know where to get SuperKaramba 4.x? Apparently, you need it for the Sigma Dock.

Comment

Superkaramba version 4:4.1.3 is available for selection/installation in Adept Manager or Synaptic - I just checked.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, it showed up after enabling the other repos.

I was able to install the Sigma Dock now

Still trying to figure out how to install other plasmoids/widgets.

When running the 'make' command, what is it supposed to do?
              I tried running it for the todo widget and it just showed:
              Code:
              >

Comment

From the todo list Plasma binary on kde-look.org.

How to install a Plasmoid

tar -xvf plasmoid.tar.gz
                cd plasmoid
                mkdir build
                cd build
                cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..
                make
                sudo make install OR su -c "make install"
                You do have to have the development packages installed (compiler and such).
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Already had them installed. For some reason, I just couldn't install the plasmoids right. I probably was in the wrong directory or something. Either way, I tried again just now and got it working

Great tutorial ^__^

Comment

Glad it worked for you, Datman.

I just checked sigmadock and am not pleased. It is alpha, granted, so wait and see is prolly the right approach.

Any news on peachydock or the like?

Comment

Re: how to install additional plasmoids/widgets

Rog, it appears your stock-quote plasmoid is not available for 4.2 yet. Any idea when it might be coming?

Comment

Rog131,

plasmoid-cashew-off is the best one yet.
                        Thank you for getting rid of that obtrusive eyesore.

Also, Lancelot is just simply stunning. I love it and it has taken a permanent place on my desktop.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Rog, it appears your stock-quote plasmoid is not available for 4.2 yet. Any idea when it might be coming?
                          Stock-quote: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=90695
                          Copyright (C) 2008 Ryan Winter

Trying to compile ( KDE 4.1 plasmoids with the KDE 4.2 and Could not find requested component) -> seems to work.

KDE 4.2 version is for the JJ but it could work with the II. Only show-stopper that i can think would be the gcc version: JJ has 4.3.2 and II has 4.3.1.

plasmoid-cashew-off / plasma-applet-ihatethecashew
                          Cashew-off: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=91009
                          Copyright (C) 2007 Thomas Luebking
                          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I just tried to install a plasmoid with this how-to, but I can't "find" it to add to my plasmoids list.
                            And in addition to that now I can't even install plasmoids from internet...
                            It says that there is a problem with /tmp...

I have KDE4.2 and I did install everything that I needed to compile plasmoids.

EDIT:
                            I get this error:
                            Installation of /tmp/kde-primoz///99815-quick.plasmoid failed!
                            and installation of /tmp/kde-primoz failed

What is the problem?
                            I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

What's up with your tmp then? Is it full (check with du)? Have you accidentally borked permissions (post ls -la /tmp)?

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                                What's up with your tmp then? Is it full (check with du)? Have you accidentally borked permissions (post ls -la /tmp)?
                                It seems OK to me:
                                du:
                                Code:
                                $ du /tmp
                                4    /tmp/.X11-unix
                                4    /tmp/.ICE-unix
                                4    /tmp/kde-primoz/closeditems
                                20   /tmp/kde-primoz
                                8    /tmp/ksocket-primoz
                                4    /tmp/gpg-i7qgJK
                                du: imenika ,/tmp/kde-root` ni mogoče prebrati: Permission denied
                                4    /tmp/kde-root
                                4    /tmp/orbit-primoz
                                4    /tmp/ssh-FfVhzm8642
                                64   /tmp
                                ls -la /tmp
                                Code:
                                $ ls -la /tmp
                                skupno 48
                                drwxrwxrwt 10 root  root  4096 2009-03-03 12:12 .
                                drwxr-xr-x 24 root  root  4096 2009-03-03 09:56 ..
                                drwx------ 2 primoz primoz 4096 2009-03-03 11:05 gpg-i7qgJK
                                drwxrwxrwt 2 root  root  4096 2009-03-03 12:12 .ICE-unix
                                drwx------ 3 primoz primoz 4096 2009-03-03 11:29 kde-primoz
                                drwx------ 2 root  root  4096 2009-03-03 09:56 kde-root
                                drwx------ 2 primoz primoz 4096 2009-03-03 12:12 ksocket-primoz
                                -rw-r----- 1 primoz primoz  5 2009-03-03 11:06 .ktorrent_kde4_1000.lock
                                drwx------ 2 primoz primoz 4096 2009-03-03 12:12 orbit-primoz
                                drwx------ 2 primoz primoz 4096 2009-03-03 11:05 ssh-FfVhzm8642
                                -r--r--r-- 1 root  root   11 2009-03-03 11:05 .X0-lock
                                drwxrwxrwt 2 root  root  4096 2009-03-03 11:05 .X11-unix
                                I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Working...
                                X