This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox wierdness...screenshot attached

I have had this issue since installing 8.10...

Checkboxes in firefox don't look right...please see screenshot...my contact list in gmail is unviewable, and I think it is because of the checkboxes. Also, they have a 'grey' box around them.

mm0

EDIT: The attached screenshot is resized too small...try this - http://www.octechguy.com/FFScreenshot.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Firefox wierdness...screenshot attached

The screenshot you posted is unfortunately resized so that nothing is visible about it. But I thing you're talking about the same problem I just wanted to ask about.

It seems that Firefox in Kubuntu 8.10 uses Qt widgets for some parts of webpages. For example checkboxes, forms fields, buttons and others. It looks very bad on my computer because I use a dark KDE theme but a quite light Firefox theme.

Comment

yeah, I was worried about that...I had to resize it to make it fit within the size restrictions...I will try to post a full screen shot to a link...try this:

http://www.octechguy.com/FFScreenshot.jpeg

mm0
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

hmmmm.....the URL doesn't work...and I'm not at a place that I can fix it right now...I think it is a permissions issue on the server. I will check tonight.

Comment

I am having the exact same issue. All check boxes have grey around them it's strange.

Kev

Comment

I found a bug report on it, confirmed, but low priority, and nothing had been done since may!!! we need to get this fixed somehow...

Comment

Working...
            X