This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] SSH Package

What is the name of the SSH package? I had to reinstall my work lappy so I decided to go with II but I am unable for the life of me been able to find the SSH server package in Adept.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: SSH Package

Package ssh is listed in Adept Manager for HH. It is a metapackage for installing openssh-client and openssh-server. Have you searched for either of these two packages? If none of them are listed, it is possible that they have not been made available for II.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah I found the one for the client but I didn't see anything that mentioned anything about the server though. I was just wondering if maybe it was just my adept being weird. BTW I really don't like this new adept not very intuitive. But oh well I'll live

Comment

You can always install the synaptic package manager instead. Many like it better than Adept Manager.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I will have to give that a shot. I will let you know when I get into the office tomorrow whether or not the SSH server shows up in there.

Comment

Ok so it never showed up with Adept but it showed up in Synaptic so all installed and solved.

Comment

Working...
            X