This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard Craziness (not hardware)

I'm using the most up-to-date kubuntu intrepid version with a 64 bit AMD. As of about three or four days ago, my keyboard started doing some strange things. I know it must be software-related however because I tried swapping a different keyboard and the results are the same.

Essentially, after a short period of use, I eventually hit the <control> key or <shift> or <alt> and for some reason those keys remain in effect even after I let go of them. The only way for me to undo this is to hit the key again, If I realize which key I've hit.

You can imagine how annoying this is when for example browsing the web with several tabs open, I hit <ctrl> <tab> to switch to a different window and back, then start typing "www" in the browser's URL field. That essentially acts as <ctrl>-w which closes the windows.

Anyone know what I might've done to cause this behaviour? Perhaps I set something by accident?

Thanks

Re: Keyboard Craziness (not hardware)

It sounds like "sticky keys" have become enabled somehow. System Settings>Accessibility>Modifier Keys tab. If sticky keys are selected, unselect it. Hope that is the issue.

namopereht

Comment

Re: Keyboard Craziness (not hardware)

That was it! Wow, can't believe I did that :-). Thanks so much for the advice, it's been driving me insane.

Comment

Working...
      X