X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing swfdec

Hi

When I upgraded to intrepid I installed gnome too as a fall-back. Turned out to be a good idea. One of the consequences of this is that I have the package swfdec as the default mozilla plugin for flash files. However, I have installed adobes flash 10 package but whether running firefox in gnome or kde it insists on using swfdec, which doesn't work on some sites.

I have tried to remove swfdec but both adept and synaptic want to remove the whole of gnome as well! Similarly I can't figure out how to tell Firefox to use flash plugin rather than swfdec.

Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Removing swfdec

In Firefox > Tools > Add-ons > Plugins, can you not right-click it and "Disable"?

Comment

Very odd.... swfdec isn't listed at all as a firefox plugin

Comment

is right!

I dunno -- I guess if it were mine, I'd close the browser, open the Konsole and try

Code:
        sudo apt-get remove --purge swfdec
        If that doesn't get rid of it ..... look for a dull bamboo knife and a ceremonial kimono ....

Comment

While that does sound like fun I'd also ask the people over at the ubuntu forum - they might know a little bit more about one of their own
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

More odd!

A simple update last night (which included a new version of swfdec) and a reboot and it is now flash 10 that loads!

Don't think it will pay me to try thinking about how or why that happened.

Comment

Working...
            X